Jul 16, 2009

Kitchenette: A Montreal-must

by Fiona O'Connor
I first ate at Kitchenette soon after its opening in early 2008. Now, I'm no professional, but at the time, I had a strong hunch that this gem of a restaurant, located right across the street from the CBC/Radio-Canada tower on René-Lévesque, would soon catch on with more than just our national broadcaster's lunching journalist crowd.

Yellowfin tuna tartare with jalapeno, avocado, tomato, micro coriander, spicy mayo and nachos.

Last week I returned to this small, classy eatery for an early weekday dinner. Not only was I once again delighted with my meal, but Kitchenette's simple yet stylish décor, unpretentious ambiance and personable service made the overall dining experience one I highly recommend.
But before I was able to provide you with the full story on just how fun, fresh and totally delicious Kitchenette is, burgeoning restaurant reviewer Joanna Fox beat me to the punch with her piece in the food section of this week's Mirror. So, without further ado, read Joanna's scoop, or, if you're so inclined, join Kitchenette's Facebook group here.




No comments:

Post a Comment